|Participants of the CBAP 18th Annual Convention (2nd day)|
Vision-Mission of CBAP, click here.
CBAP is now also a member of the Catholic Biblical Federation. Click here.
For pictures of the convention, go CBAP Facebook account, click here.
New Board of Trustees:
CBAP has elected its new set of the Board of Trustees (2017-2018).
President: Fr. Joel Camaya, SDB
Vice President: Fr. Clarence Marquez, OP
Secretary: Fr. Cris Pine, OFM
Treasurer: Fr. Randy Flores, SVD
Member: Dr. Maricel Ibita
Member: Sr. Nimfa Ebora, PDDM
Member: Fr. Fruto Ramirez, SJ
Member: Fr. Cielo Almazan, OFM
Member: Fr. Leander Barrot, OAR
List of Participants:
There were 48 registered participants (of which 21 were members). CBAP also welcomed its new members: Fr. Dante Barril, SVD, SSL (Biblicum) who teaches at the Divine Word School of Theology-Tagaytay and Fr. George Tissera (UST) from Sri Lanka.
1. Adoremus, Resty - observer
2. Alejandrino, Sr. Miriam - member
3. Aripio, Fr. Joe - observer
4. Atienza, Reynald - observer
5. Barril, Fr. Dante – member
6. Camaya, Fr. Joel –member
7. Cepe, Fr. Bert - member
8. Co, Sr. Anicia - member
9. Crisostomo, Fr. Ronnie – associate member
10. Cruz, Tess - oberver
11. Cruz, Joseph - observer
12. Dalde, Marcelina - observer
13. David, Bishop Ambo - member
14. Delos Santos, Msgr Noe - member
15. Digal, Marcelino - observer
16. Ebojo, Edgar - member
17. Fadul, Francis Fr. Eugene - member
18. Flores, Fr. Randy - member
19. Galang, Zoilo - observer
20. Generalao, Miner - observer
21. Gorit, Sr. Marianne - observer
22. Guevarra, Dr. Marita - observer
23. Ibita, Maricel -member
24. Kasilag, Bing – observer
25. Lapid, Mike – associate member
26. Mapayo, Bro. Hansel – associate member
27. Marquez, Fr. Clarence - member
28. Meneses, Christine – associate member
29. Mingo, Rey Ann – observer
30. Naag, Sr. Rowena - observer
31. Narvaja, Sr. Salvacion - observer
32. Nicdao, Fr. Vic - member
33. Pagadut, Nati – member
34. Picardal, Fr. Amado - guest
35. Pine, Fr. Cris – member
36. Rey, Sr. Marites -observer
37. Roxas, Dr. Cora – observer
38. Ruiz, Fr. Delio – member
39. Segovia, Fernando- keynote speaker
40. Alvin - observer
41. Tan, Anna - observer
42. Tissera, Fr. George - member
43. Ulat, Grace - observer
44. Uy, Celsa Paler - observer
45. Uy, Jose - observer
46. Victorino, Sr. Gemma - member
47. Vu, Fr. Peter - observer
48. Wele, Fr. Thom - observer
Recap of of the First Day (by Miner Generalao)
After a Bible Enthronement ceremony and Opening Prayer, Sr. Annie Co, CBAP President welcomed more than 40 participants to the 18th Annual CBAP Convention, who were earlier introduced by Sr. Gemma Victorino, one by one.
This year's convention theme is Communion of Communities: Insights from the Bible and Archaeology. Keynote paper was presented by Dr. Fernando Segovia, bible scholar, cultural critic, theologian, among the many hats he wears.
Dr. Segovia presented a historical perspective of of the post-Cold War era and current crisis and sense of disorder. He called for a global matrix narrative by human beings as ecological agents and among other things, multi-disciplinary collaboration,
The other two papers during our morning session are: Communion of Creation in Zoological Passage: The Poetic Technique of Intensification in Job 38,29 - 39:30 by Fr. Cris Pine and Fr. Amado Picardal's The Bible and BEC in the Philippines.
Fr. Picardal or Fr Picx describes BECs and their growth in the Philippines and underscores the central role of the Word of God in the life of BECs.
Rev. Edgar Ebojo presented the first of the five papers presented in the afternoon. Rev Ebojo's paper was on the Living Text: Ancient Manuscripts as Socio-Cultural Microcosm of Early Christian Communities. A key insight from Fr. Clarence Marquez's paper on the Diaspora Synagogues in the First Century is that archaeology is important for enlightened Christianity. Another paper showing the correspondence between the text and archaeology was the video-taped presentation of Malou Ibita, Exploring the Possible Settting(s) of the Communal Meal in Corinth: the Influence.
Sr. Annie Co, presented the different meanings of Koinonia in her paper Koinonia in the Acts of the Apostles. She concluded that Koinonia is not an empty word nor like an empty vessel that can just be filled with any ideas but based on the lives and sharing of material goods by the believers of Jesus.
The paper of Fr. Francis Macatangay entitled, The Burial of the Dead and the Sense of Community in the Book of Tobit was presented by Fr. Randy Flores.
The session ended with Sabbath-inspired closing prayer.
After dinner, the CBAP members had their business meeting while observers and guests had a fellowship session sharing insights and plans to spread the Word of God especially among the young.
Note: The second day was spent conversing with Fernando Segovia and concluded with the celebration of the Eucharist presided by Bishop Ambo David.